Choosing the care centre that is right for you.
Clare Voluntary Nursing Homes Ireland
Please select the Nursing Home to suit your loved one.
• We recommend that you visit the residential centre you are thinking of. Bring the IrishNursingHomes.ie checklist of useful questions to help you find out as much as possible.
• Arrange a visit and take someone with you to get another view.
Good care providers will welcome questions.
• Talk to some of the people using the residence/facilities and see what they have to say.
• Talk to a trusted doctor or healthcare professional.
• Seek out the opinions and feedback of people who share your concerns, as this can be invaluable.
For further information on Irish Nursing Homes in Ireland feel free to check out the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) website.
The address is http://www.hiqa.ie
Below are some links relevant to the nursing home and the healthcare sectors.
What is the Nursing Homes Support Scheme?
The Nursing Homes Support Scheme provides financial support towards the cost of long-term nursing
home care. Under the scheme, people who need nursing home care have their income and assets
assessed, and then make a contribution towards the cost of their care based on their assessment.
The HSE will pay the rest, if any, of the costs of their care in designated public and approved private nursing
homes covered under the scheme. People can choose care in any of the nursing homes included in the
scheme provided that the nursing home can cater for the person's particular needs and that it has a
place available for the person.
As the budget for this scheme is fixed each year, at times a waiting list for financial support may be in place