- Ballincollig Community Unit
- Bandon Community Hospital
- Bantry General Hospital
- Castletownbere Community Hospital
- Clonakilty Community Hospital
- Cois Abhainn Residential Unit
- Dunamanway Community Hospital
- Farranlea Road Nursing Unit
- Fermoy Community Hospital
- Heather House Community Nursing
- Kanturk Community Hospital
- Kinsale Community Hospital
- Macroom Community Hospital
- Midleton Community Hospital
- Mount Alvernia Hospital
- Schull Community Hospital
- Skibbereen Community Hospital
- St Mary's Orthopaedic Hospital
- St. Finbarr's Hospital
- St. Joseph's Community Hospital
- St. Patrick's Community Hospital
- Unit 1, St Stephen’s Hospital
- Youghal Community Hospital
Midleton Community Hospital
Midleton Community Hospital and Long Stay Unit
Our Lady of Midleton Community Hospital
Ms Martina OHalloran Tel: 021 4635300
Midleton Community Hospital was built as a workhouse in 1841, a further building known as the front hospital was opened in 1937 and both buildings were run as a district hospital by the Sisters of Mercy from 1937.
It is currently run by the Health Service Executive (HSE) and provides long-stay, respite and convalescent care to the older population of Midleton and the surrounding area.
The hospital is set on a seven acre site and provides a range of other services on site including a day centre, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, podiatry, dietetic services, public health nursing and a mental health day hospital.
The bed capacity is for 66 residents.
The external grounds are extensive and provide ample car parking.
The garden areas have been renovated from local fundraising and provide outdoor seating and safe walkways.
There is a secure garden area at the side of the front entrance.
It is located in a residential area on the periphery of Midleton town.
All town amenities such as shops, a post office, and banks are located within a few minutes walk along a pedestrian footpath.
View Larger Map Residential Care Inspections
A copy of each report can be obtained online at:
Call the advice line: 021 240 9660
Email: [email protected]
The Office of the Chief Inspector,
Health Information and Quality Authority,
Social Services Inspectorate, 1301 City Gate,
Mahon, Cork.Public Bed Register: HSE South
Midleton Community Hospital | www.irishnursinghomes.eu
Public Nursing Homes Cork
For further information on Irish Nursing Homes in Ireland feel free to check out the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) website.The address is http://www.hiqa.ie
Below are some links relevant to the nursing home and the healthcare sectors.